Halloween is coming, and kids love to make their own creepy, crawly decorations! This cute spider lets your child personalize and create her own little arachnid!
- 2 chenille sticks (pipecleaners), cut into 8 pieces
- two foam balls
- foam eyes (or use wiggly eyes)
- paint and paintbrush
Let your child:
1. Connect the foam balls with a toothpick. Talk about how spiders have two body parts: head and body.
2. Paint the spider. Let your child choose the colors!
3. After the paint is dry, stick the chenille sticks into the body for the legs. Let your child choose the color! Talk about how spiders have eight legs. Compare to ants, which only have six legs.
4. Glue the eyes on the head.
5. Give it a name, use it as a decoration, or take it for a walk!