Tuesday, July 11, 2017

// // Leave a Comment

Pumpkin French Toast

I know we're in the middle of summer still, but I sure wanted pumpkin a few weeks ago! I decided to make pumpkin french toast because french toast is always a kid-friendly food, and then I could enjoy my fall food in the summer!


The recipe is super simple--you can even let the kids help! Preheat a skillet or grill and mix the following together:

* 5 eggs
* 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin puree (or you can use about 1-1/2 cups of your own pumpkin puree--just do NOT use pumpkin pie filling!)
* 1 Tablespoon vanilla
* 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* 2 Tablespoons sweetener (I used stevia, but you can use honey or sugar)
* 1-2 Tablespoons cinnamon
* 1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
* 1 loaf whole grain bread with nuts

To prepare french toast, you dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture, and then cook each side on the grill. This pumpkin recipe comes out a lot thicker than traditional french toast, so I dipped each side of the bread in the egg mixture to make sure I got my pumpkin all over the toast! I also cooked it at a medium low temperature to make sure there was time to cook the eggs before the outside burned.

Finally, drizzle the french toast with chocolate syrup and serve with strawberries!

And you know what? (Well, you can probably guess since I'm putting the recipe on the blog...) everybody loved them! They were especially amazing with a little chocolate and strawberries! It was a hugely kid-approved meal! 

Side-note: I love serving "breakfast" for lunch or dinner. This is a fantastic meal any time of the day! I also love to cut up a few for snacks later when the youngest kids get hungry and it isn't a designated meal or snack time.

Are you looking for more kid-friendly snacks and meals for toddlers and preschoolers? Check out my collection here!


Happy Educating,
Carla


I may share at any of these parties!




Never miss another post again!  Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox!  Sign up here!!




0 comments: