Wednesday, December 14, 2011
I'm a Little Reindeer (preschool Christmas craft and song!)
2 different colors construction paper
any other embellishments you want to add!
Let Your Preschooler:
1. Trace her foot onto one piece of construction paper, then cut it out. Some preschoolers need help tracing and cutting.
2. Glue the "foot" onto the other piece of construction paper.
3. Add eyes, nose, and a mouth.
4. Choose a color of paint for the antlers and pour a small amount into your painting tin.
5. Smear her whole hand in the paint until it is completely covered and make a hand print for one of the antlers.
6. Repeat step 5 for the other antler.
7. Fingerpaint on another piece of paper while the reindeer dries, then add any other embellishments or decorations you choose!
** Reindeer are also called caribou, but you won't see a caribou fly!
** Male and female caribou grow antlers!
I'm A Little Reindeer (to the tune of I'm A Little Teapot)
I'm a little reindeer, see me run! (point at self)
I like to chase my friends for fun! (run in place)
If you look up high above my head, (point up and pat head)
You will see two antlers--"antlers" I said! (wave fingers behind head like antlers)
Note: You can also do this craft with toddlers, but you may end up doing most of the work. Toddlers also love to act out this song!