Monday, December 19, 2011
Posted by Carla at Preschool Powol Packets at Monday, December 19, 2011
This festive icicle takes shape in just minutes, and it strengthens small muscles in your preschooler's hand too! If you make six you can tape them together to make a gorgeous snowflake!
1. Start with a square:
2. Fold it to make a triangle:
3. Draw "cutting lines" on it like this and let your child cut them: (Make sure the cuts do NOT meet in the middle!)
4. Open up the square!
5. Fold the middle two flaps together and tape them:
6. Flip the square over and repeat step five with the next two flaps:
7. Flip the square over again and repeat step five with the next two flaps:
8. Flip the square over again (this is the last time!) and repeat step five with the outer two flaps:
9. Ta Da! All done! You can tie a string on and hang your icicle, or make five more and tape them together to make a snowflake!