We love painting, and using a variety of painting tools makes this art project even more exciting for preschoolers--toddlers can join in the fun too!
- 2-3 pieces of yarn, twine, or other thick string 12-24 inches long
- 2-3 colors paint (primary colors work well)
The Easy How To:
1. If your child is able, let her help measure and cut the string.
2. Fold your paper in half lengthwise (hotdog style) and set it near the paint.
4. After you dip a string in paint, place it on one half of the paper. Arrange it so one end of the string pokes out below the paper. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until you have 2-3 strings on one half of your paper.
5. Fold the other side of the paper over.
6. Press down on the paper with one hand while carefully pulling each string out with the other hand.
7. Ta da! Beautiful String Art!