We love painting, and using a variety of painting tools makes this art project even more exciting for preschoolers--toddlers can join in the fun too!
- 2-3 pieces of yarn, twine, or other thick string 12-24 inches long
- 2-3 colors paint (primary colors work well)
1. If your child is able, let her help measure and cut the string.
2. Fold your paper in half lengthwise (hotdog style) and set it near the paint.
3. Dip (and coat) each string in paint--I like to encourage the kids to choose one color for each string the first time, and then let them experiment with whatever string/color arrangement they want next time. (Be prepared to repeat this several times!)
4. After you dip a string in paint, place it on one half of the paper. Arrange it so one end of the string pokes out below the paper. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until you have 2-3 strings on one half of your paper.
7. Ta da! Beautiful String Art!