Friday, March 9, 2012

// // 16 comments

Lucky Clover Bubble Painting (Preschool/Toddler St. Patrick's Day Craft!)

Pin It


This St. Patrick's Day Craft is one time your preschooler (and even toddler) can actually blow bubbles in their straw and not get in trouble!  You already have the supplies at home, and the result is wonderfully unique!

Preparation:
** Draw and cut a lucky clover out of white construction paper.   Use a green marker and make the clover out of four hearts.


Supplies:

** Lucky Clover (on construction paper) and extra construction paper (because your child will want to do a few more pages!)
** Small cup
** Straw
** Dish soap
** Green food coloring (or any other color!)
** Water
** Roll of paper towels...because clean-up is easy if you have a lot handy!


The Easy How-To:

Bubble painting is a blast!  Put a squirt of dish soap in your child's cup and fill it about 1/3 full of water.  Let your child squeeze in about 4 drops of food coloring and stir it with her spoon.  My princess insisted on painting her lucky clovers pink!  Then, let your child blow into the straw until bubbles flow over the top of the cup.  (Younger children may need to practice blowing on the straw before putting it in the cup...dish soap is not usually toxic, but it sure doesn't taste good!)  Press the clover against the bubbles!  Remove the paper and pop any bubbles that remain.  Repeat until your child is happy with the pattern on her clover!



Have fun, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!



I may share at any of these parties!

16 comments:

elaina marcotte said...

This looks like a blast - we are going to give it a try today! Thanks for the wonderful idea!
luvmybiscuit at hotmail dot com

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Thanks, Elaina! Have fun!

Julia said...

Hi Carla! Thanks so much for sharing this at Mama Loves this morning! I've pinned it to share with the Mama Loves community, and can't wait to try it with my girls!

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Thanks, Julia! I'm sure your girls will love it!

Christine said...

Thanks for posting this idea! I like it a lot - the boys love it when we get to do anything they consider "messy"

isabelli3619 {at} aol {dot} com

Trina said...

Looks fun!! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog:
http://teachingmyblessings.blogspot.com/2012/03/today-i-was-presented-with-liebster.html
Enjoy!

Rose Jesky said...

This awesome! My Kids will have so much fun. I'm a new follower and if it is not to much come by my blog and follow me to. http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
Thanks, Rose
PS. I'm looking for some guest bloggers to fill in for me next month. I thin your blog is just the kind of thing my readers would love. If your interested, it can be anything old or new. Contact me and let me know what you think.

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I am so lovin' the bubble paint thing...so many applications to use it for!

Thanks!

Visiting from pontifications of a twin mom hop...

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Christine, We love messy stuff too!

Thanks, Trina! I'll pick it up later this week!

Rose, I'm honored! I'll definitely be by!

Just Another Mom of Twins, Thanks for coming by! The wide range of applications are one of the things I love about this project!

Cynthia Renee' said...

I've seen this kind of painting before. I think we'll give it a shot this week!

Carrie said...

How fun!! We definitely have to give this a try. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!

Karima said...

What a great craft idea!

Jenn Hiles said...

This looks like so much fun! We will def. try it this weekend, thanks so much for the tip! Heck, I might have to try it myself before this weekend :)

Deb Chitwood said...

Such a fun St. Patrick's Day activity ... thanks for sharing! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Cynthia, It's so fun and easy! I bet you guys love it!

Thanks, Carrie! Your Sharing Saturday is awesome!

Thanks, Karima!

Jennifer, My kids did it at least three times the week I introduced them to it!

Thanks, Deb! I'll come check it out!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Such a fun idea -- I know the little ones would love this! Thanks for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! Hope to see you again soon – the links are open!