Rock Painting is a fabulous way for preschoolers and toddlers to strengthen fine muscle coordination and enjoy the colorful, sticky textures of paints and rocks! April is a fun time to do it too, because it can tie in to so many other themes and conversations!
The supplies are simple:
- Washable Acrylic Paints
- Newspaper or scrap coloring pages to put your rocks on while you paint (optional, but wonderful)
- Paintbrushes (optional...fingers work great too!)
- Painting Aprons (optional, but very handy!)
The Easy How-To:
- Go outside and find your rocks!
- Clean your rocks. Kids love this part.
- Dry your rocks.
- Paint your rocks!
I think painting rocks is a marvelous activity just by itself, but you can easily vary it--a painted rock can turn into a ladybug, turtle, beetle, paperweight, prayer rock, or many other creatures! Have fun!!
I may share at any of these parties!