My kids could make a Lucky St. Patrick's Day necklace every week! It's fun, straightforward, gives your children lots of room for creative expression, and exercises those fine motor skills!
Simple Supplies (for each child):
- a straw cut into (about) 1" sections
- 4-5 clovers--make sure one is lucky (has 4 leaves)! You can draw them on green paper or print this sheet for four children on green paper. Punch 2 holes in each clover.
- pony beads
- plastic "curling" ribbon
1. Make sure your child can reach the clovers, straw pieces, and beads.
2. Tie one end of the ribbon to a bead so nothing will slide past it.
3. Let your child assemble the lucky necklace!
4. Tie it large enough to slip over your child's head.
"Hide" letters, numbers, or sight words by writing them on the back of the clovers and let your child "find" them by flipping over the papers!
I may share at any of these parties!