Wednesday, April 23, 2014

// // 5 comments

How to Get Shoes on the Right Feet

I cannot even count the number of times that I have seen a 3-year old with his or her shoes on the wrong feet.  Today I'm sharing a little trick to getting those shoes on the right feet every time!



I came across this little gem after a conversation with my sister, and I wanted to try it.  But, at the time, my 3-year old put his shoes on the right feet every time.

Then, he grew!  We bought new shoes.  And the confusion started.  Was it the new shoes or a new phase of life?  I don't know.  But, we did try this little trick.

And guess what...it works!  Brilliantly!

It is super easy too.  It only takes about 15 seconds to set up and another 30 seconds to explain to your child.  

After that, your kiddo can independently place those tricky shoes every time!

So, how do you set it up?

Just tear a sticker in half and place the pieces, like a puzzle, on the insides of the shoes.  We used a Lightning McQueen sticker:


Show your kiddo how they come together like a puzzle when the shoes are on the right sides and how the puzzle doesn't work when the shoes are on the wrong sides of each other.  Then, let him put them on his feet!

That's it!  Easy.  Brilliant.  Problem solved.

Independent 3-year old off to take on the world...with his shoes on the right feet!


Do you have any little tricks for getting shoes on the right feet?  I'd love to share them!



I may share at any of these parties!

5 comments:

Miss Pilar said...

Excellent trick. Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

I will try this!!!

Unknown said...

I drew a smiley face, same concept, match up the picture like a puzzle.

Chickadee said...

I took red quick dry nail polish and put a dot on the OUTSIDE of the shoes where the big toe joint is (I have a bunion there so it's obvious to me)....The red dots should be able to KISS when the shoes are lined up correctly.

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Thanks Miss Pilar and Agata!

I love it, Sheila!

Robin,that is so cute!! Thanks for sharing!