Cookies are one of the kiddos' all-time favorite snacks, and I am always happy to serve them nutritious cookies that help them grow and play happily. I've also been on a quest lately to make treats without any added sugar to accommodate my 1-year old's new diet. Plus, nothing says "Fall" like pumpkin, and these super yummy Pumpkin Raisin Cookies are full of perfect Fall flavor! Don't you just want to grab one?!!
First, I'm going to share ten of our favorite fast and healthy snacks. You might notice that raisins are included in several of them--we love California raisins because they are all natural, super healthy, and have no added sugar. In fact, none of these snacks include sweetened crackers or anything with added sugar. It's important to me that the kids eat healthy food while they are with me. This helps regulate their blood sugar levels, which lets them play and learn easier and more happily. So, here are 10 Fast, Healthy Snacks:
10. Fruit Smoothies: a handful of spinach, a pile of fruit, and some almond milk make an amazing, filling drink!
9. Grapes! Try pinching them with a clothespin to make these adorable grape butterflies!
8. Healthy Home-made Ice-cream! And it's dairy-free!
7. Oranges! Try this fun idea to make your oranges a little silly!
6. Peanut Butter Boats: spread peanut butter on an apple half. Let your kiddos add "raisin people!"
5. Yogurt Flowers and Butterflies...or any other shape you want!
4. Plain, Home-made Popcorn mixed with Raisins!
3. Cheese with Bean Chips!
2. Cookie-shaped Melons!
1. Super Yummy No Sugar Pumpkin Raisin Cookies!
These cookies are absolutely amazing! They are not insanely sweet, the pumpkin is perfect, and they are so, so good for you! You could eat them for breakfast... or a snack... or any other time! All of my kids loved them, even my pickiest daycare preschooler!
So, without any more ado...I give you the recipe for my
Yummy No Sugar Pumpkin Raisin Cookies:
* 1/2 cup butter or Smart Balance at room temperature
* 2 large, very ripe, mashed bananas
* 1/2 cup crushed pineapple and juice
* 2 eggs
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
* 1-3/4 cup whole wheat flour ++
* 1/4 cup coconut flour ++
* 1/2 cup cashew flour ++
* 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like Greek Gods brand.)
* 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
* 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 3/4 teaspoon cloves
* 2 cups raisins
++ You can substitute 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour if you do not have coconut flour and cashew flour...though it is totally worth the flavor to use coconut flour and cashew flour!
To make these super, super yummy No Sugar Pumpkin Raisin Cookies, just follow these super easy steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Add the ingredients in the order listed to your Kitchen Aid or other mixer and beat thoroughly on low or medium speed after you add each ingredient. Gently blend in the raisins on a low speed last.
3. Drop the cookies by rounded tablespoons onto your cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are just starting to brown. Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then move them to a cooling sheet.
And enjoy them with your kiddos!!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
I may share at any of these parties!