I love the finger rhyme 5 Little Pumpkins! Not only does it review ordinal numbers (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th), but it does so with a fun Halloween-y rhyme. Using the finger puppets adds in a physical, motor skill, learning element too!
Making the Little Pumpkin Felt Finger Puppets is fun and easy...my 5-year old daughter had a wonderful time helping!
* green felt (one of the pre-cut pieces of felt will cut into 12 finger pieces)
* orange felt
* fabric scissors
* hot glue gun and glue
1. Cut out finger pieces from green felt. Mine were about 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" rectangles. They fit both my fingers and the kids' fingers just fine. (My fingers are about sizes 5-6...if your fingers are much bigger, just make your rectangles longer so they fit easier.) Also, cut out the stems from the green fabric.
2. Cut out pumpkins from orange felt. Make them between 1" and 1 1/2" wide.
3. Glue the finger pieces by placing a bead of hot glue along the short edge of the rectangle and rolling the other side around to make a round puppet finger piece.
4. Glue the pumpkins onto the finger pieces.
5. Glue a stem onto each pumpkin. Ta da!! All done!! If desired, you could cut out yellow eye, nose, and mouth pieces and glue them on as well. We are perfectly happy with our face-less pumpkins.
6. I made a few extra pumpkin pieces too...just in case.
7. Have fun with your pumpkin puppets!!
5 Little Pumpkins Finger Rhyme:
Five Little Pumpkins, sitting on a gateThe first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late!"The second one said, "There are witches in the air!"The third one said, "Well, we don't care!"The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"Then, "Oooooh," went the wind and out went the light,And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!
Do you like the 5 Little Pumpkins? Are you making puppets? I'd love to hear from you! As always, you can leave a note here or even show off your pictures on my PreschoolPowolPackets Facebook page!
I may share at any of these parties!