Tuesday, September 17, 2013

// // 7 comments

Apple Cinnamon Apple Bowls

I love serving healthy food in a fun way, and these Apple Cinnamon Apple Bowls have been a hit every time we make them!


My preschoolers (and older kids too!) think it is so fun to eat out of an apple!  The cinnamon stick brought an unusual conversation to the table and we all enjoyed a little breakfast variety!

You can make Apple Cinnamon Apple Bowls in three easy steps:

1: Cook your oatmeal.  I like to add a bit of applesauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Yum!

2: Cut out your apples.  I use a knife to cut a bowl shape, and then a spoon to scoop out anything left behind.

3: Scoop your oatmeal into the apples.  Add a cinnamon stick.  Serve with a spoon... and a cup of milk!

Obviously we did not eat the cinnamon sticks, but it was fun to taste them and talk about how cinnamon is made.  Most of the kids refilled their apples several times and then ate most of their bowls too!  Super fun, and super easy!

You can probably think of tons of ways to change this up.  The Chick n' Coop makes a Caramel Apple Oatmeal and Cooking Creation has a baked version with walnuts!



I may share at any of these parties!

7 comments:

Emma @ Our Whimsical Days said...

What a creative way to make fruit (and oatmeal) more fun to eat!

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Thanks Emma!

LSP said...

These look amazing. It's definitely apple season around here. Thank you so much for sharing this on my meatless meal link up! I appreciate you taking the time to write your blog and then to share with my readers.

Unknown said...

MMM.... These look wonderful! Sure would make a fussy eater want to explore the "bowl' a little more and hopefully encourage a taste!

Unknown said...

Great idea for a fun fall snack. I love cinnamon and apples in my oatmeal! Thanks for sharing this apple recipe at Mom's Library!

Unknown said...

These are great! My girls would LOVE them. I am going to do this after we go apple picking next week. They will be so excited for breakfast! Thanks for sharing on We Made That Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Oatmeal in an apple bowl. What a great little recipe. I think I might try it myself. Thank you for linking up this week to the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop :-)