Tuesday, October 8, 2019

// // Leave a Comment

Spider Songs: I Wish I Were an Eensy Weensy Spider

Rhythm sticks are one of of our favorite instruments during our Preschool Music Time class, so I always try to find a way to make one song work with them every week. This week we did a Spider Theme, and I saw a short list of spider songs at The Perpetual Preschool. I changed one of them just a little to use with our rhythm sticks! Here's how we sang:


Use the tune of the song "If You're Happy and You Know It," but instead of "clapping your hands" (or stomping your feet or whatever else you like to do,) "clack" your rhythm sticks together twice!

Sing: I Wish I Were an Eensy Weensy Spider

Oh I wish I were an eensy weensy spider!
(clack! clack!)

Oh I wish I were an eensy weensy spider!
(clack! clack!)

I'd wiggle and I'd crawl up the wall and down the hall,

Oh I wish I were an eensy weensy spider!
(clack! clack!)


We sang it twice because the first time through everyone was just figuring out the instructions, rhythm, and words. The second time, all the kids were right on beat!

I would LOVE to hear from you if you use this spider song for your Music Time, especially if you used rhythm sticks with it too! You can always send me an email or tag me on Facebook or Instagram!

And if you want more Spider Activities for preschoolers, check out my Spider Theme HERE! I have everything from science experiments to math games to crafts...and more!







Happy Educating,
Carla


Have you seen HEEP? It is a preschool homeschool curriculum! Learn more here!




Never miss another post again!  Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox!  Sign up here!!




0 comments: