It's Valentines time, so I'm sharing a fun little rhyming words heart sort game! It's perfect to practice rhyming, word families, sorting, and more!
All you need to do is print the four pages of hearts and rhyming words, cut out the word cards, and hearts, and you're ready to go!
What kinds of Valentines activities can you do with these hearts and rhyming word family cards? Here are a few ideas:
Literacy Valentines Activities You Can Do with This Word Family Packet:
* Set the hearts out face up and the eight cards out face down. Take turns drawing a card and placing it on the matching heart!
* Glue or tape the hearts down to a file folder to make a file folder game! This works best if you print the hearts at half size so you can fit all four hearts on the inside of one file folder. Store the cards in an envelope taped or glued to the outside of the folder!
* Use the cards to play a memory-style game where matches are made by rhyming words!
* Use a hanging pocket chart to hold the pieces while you sort vertically!
* Put the pieces on a metal door and hold them in place with magnets while you sort vertically!
* Use the cards to play a Go Fish-style game where matches are made by rhyming words!
What other activities can you think of?
I may share at any of these parties!
Never miss another post again! Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox! Sign up here!!