My preschoolers love sweet treats like ice-cream, but one of them has some serious sugar limitations. I developed this ice-cream recipe so everyone can participate in the sweet fun...and everyone loves it!!
Letting your preschoolers help make the ice-cream gives you the opportunity to talk about things like solids, liquids, counting, colors, fractions, and more! Cooking is excellent math time!
* 2 frozen bananas
* 8 frozen strawberries
* 1-1/4 cup almond milk
* (optional) small dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
Easy How To:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. I use the "ice crush" setting.
2. If it is too thick to blend, add more milk.
3. Serve and enjoy immediately!!
* Peel the bananas, cut them in half, and freeze the 4 halves in advance. Then you can just pop them in the blender!
* Riper bananas are sweeter!
* This is best fresh--it can get way too frozen (or hard) when you freeze it!
This is a fabulous treat on a hot, summer day! The best part is that it can double as a dessert or just a healthy snack!!
I may share at any of these parties!