Thursday, August 1, 2019

// // Leave a Comment

Preschool Apple Pie Sequencing Fun

We are bringing in fall preschool themes with this fun Apple Pie Sequencing Mat set!


Honestly, I *cannot* believe it is August already, but my calendar says that it is, so I guess I'm going with it!

As I type this I am literally eating apple pie. I know it sounds crazy, but there it is. We have actually been a little obsessed with pies lately, so I am delighted to share this sequencing set for preschoolers and toddlers!

I remember the first time I saw someone make an apple pie without a recipe--it was my husband's aunt at Thanksgiving time, and I was blown away! But it turns out that making an apple pie really is as easy as these adorable little cards make it look! Last week when we made an apple pie we didn't even peel the apple! We just sliced it really thin, boiled the apples for a few minutes, sweetened them, added cinnamon, and poured it into the pie crust. We added a few teaspoon-sized plops of butter and sprinkled flour across the top to thicken the sauce. Then we topped with another pie crust, and stuck it in the oven! It was amazingly easy...and amazingly delicious!

You can let them set up the "recipe" before you make pie, then make it with them, and then review the steps! Sequencing is an important pre-math and pre-reading skill, and practicing it while cooking is doubly fun! Especially when the apple pie comes out and you get to eat it!

Inside this set you'll find several different kids who each go through the same apple pie making steps: cutting the apples, mixing the ingredients, and eating the pie!

The set also includes color cards and black and white cards!

If you don't want to use these with a cooking project, they would be perfect for an Apple Theme, a Harvest Theme, a Thanksgiving Theme, or even a Fall Theme! Use them as a center/rotation, a math activity, or tuck them in your purse for the next time you get stuck in a line!


I hope you love them!

And if you're getting ready for an Apple Theme, be sure to check out all my other apple-y preschool activities HERE! I have science experiments, literacy activities, and much more!




Happy Educating,
Carla


Have you seen HEEP? It is a preschool homeschool curriculum! Learn more here!



I may share at any of these parties!




Never miss another post again!  Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox!  Sign up here!!




0 comments: