Thursday, December 19, 2013

// // 3 comments

Candy Cane Lions Craft

These Candy Cane Lions are super easy and completely fun to make!



We used the Candy Cane Lions for a "Letter L" day ("lion" starts with "L"...more "Letter L" ideas will be coming in January!), but you could use them for Christmas decorations or a last minute gift!

Simple Supplies:



Easy How-to:

1.  Cut the lion body and mane from the felt, using the image above as a guide.  Cut two holes in the body for the candy cane to thread through and one hole in the mane for the head to go through.

2.  Assemble your lion!  Put the candy cane through the body, put the head through the mane, and add the wiggly eyes!

3.  Parade your lion through the house!  Or hang it on your tree!

Two of our lions morphed into "alien lions!"  They were so cute I thought I'd share them with you too:





I may share at any of these parties!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the version with the MANY eyes, very cute.. Would love if you came by and shared this on our #kidsinthekitchen linky this week http://lookwhatmomfound.com/2013/12/making-garlic-parmesan-chex-mix.html

Emma @ Our Whimsical Days said...

These are so cute! I love the multiple googly eyes too - my daughter is the same way, making everything look like a monster! :)

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Thanks Melinda!

I know, right, Emma?! My kids declared them alien lions and I loved it!

Carla