Tuesday, July 31, 2018

// // Leave a Comment

Preschool Ladybug Lunch

This preschool ladybug lunch goes perfectly with our adorable ladybug craft and ladybug math activity! Click here for some free ladybug (and other insect and invertebrate) preschool printables!


I'd like to introduce Sarah from Raising Human Beans. She's sharing this fun ladybug themed lunch with us today:

My name is Sarah Bean, and I have young kids, ages 2 and 4, and they love fun food. I love fun food! It is such a creative outlet for me, to cook; and it makes it even better when THEY enjoy what I make! And when it is something THEY can help with- how much better is that?

Talking with my 4 year old, she gave me the idea to do a Lady Bug Themed Lunch. So I took into account what she liked to eat, and she eats a lot of apples and peanut butter. Plus, who can go wrong with chocolate chips? I asked if she wanted to help, and it was a go!


I like to make our food and activities educational, so I made “trail mix bugs” and a Peanut Butter and Grape Tree. It looked so cute I wanted to eat it! You can read books about ladybugs, or go on a hunt to find them. Talk about how “Lady” bugs aren’t always Ladies. And then eat away!!

Ladybug Preschool Lunch:

Ingredients:
Half a Red Apple
1 Cherry
3 Green Grapes
Peanut Butter or Other Nut Butter
Trail Mix
Chocolate Chips
Toothpicks

Here is how to make it:

First, cut one apple in half- and scoop out the core.

Next, take a cherry and put a toothpick through it into the apple- for the head.

Then, using a toothpick, put peanut butter on the under side of the chocolate chips. 

Stick two on the cherry for eyes, and 6-10 on the apple for spots!


When you have done that, place trail mix, or any other kind of nuts on the plate for the ladybug food. 

And then put peanut butter in the shape of a tree, with halves of grapes for the leaves!


*You can use any other nut butter, or stick pretzels to the plate with maple syrup or honey for the trunk and “food glue.”



 You can join Sarah at Raising Human Beans for more fun ideas or follow her on Facebook and Pinterest



I hope you have an awesome time with your ladybug theme lunch! You can also check out more free preschool themes and activities here!



Happy Educating,
Carla


Have you seen HEEP? It is a preschool homeschool curriculum! Learn more here!



I may share at any of these parties!




Never miss another post again!  Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox!  Sign up here!!




0 comments: