Tuesday, January 13, 2015

// // 2 comments

Developing Early Reading Skills: Wrap Up!

Developing early reading skills begins long before actually learning to read.  During the last week, I have been sharing a mini-series about developing these skills in preschoolers!



I hope you have been able to join us to learn about four important early reading skills and how you can "teach" them through play and simply reading to your children!  If you missed any of them, you can catch them all now at these links:

1- Print Awareness

2- Phonological Awareness

3- Phonics

4- Strategies


Also, be sure you read my post about how preschoolers' brains develop! Everybody wants their young children to read as early as possible, but pushing them when they're not ready is actually damaging.  On the other hand, these "pre-reading" skills can be "taught" while you simply read to your children!

I have really enjoyed the comments and emails during the series, and I would love to hear from more of you about your experiences with early reading skills, reading, preschool, and play!  Thank you so much for joining me!!

I hope you find this series encouraging and exciting, and that you join us for the rest of the posts!  Feel free to email or leave comments with feedback, your own experiences, or your own tips!!



I may share at any of these parties!



Never miss another post again!  Sign up for our weekly updates newsletter and get links to all our posts once a week in your inbox!  Sign up here!!








2 comments:

Sridhar Chandrasekaran said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Thank you Sridhar! I hope you stop by again!